Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Dollhouse & Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope the new year finds you all happy and healthy! My year is already starting out great....my grandma gave me her dollhouse a few days after Christmas, along with some furniture and a box of other miniature odds and ends. Grandma just turned 85 years old in December, she built the house around 20 years ago....she doesn't know the name of the dollhouse but it is from Real Good Toys. It's in excellent shape, other than the missing front porch (Grandma gave it away), not a scratch or speck of dust or missing shingle.  Grandma decorated every room in some shade of pink.....bless her heart, pink is my least favorite color but I would like to keep as much of what she did as possible. This is where you guys come in. The pink is throwing me......I don't know what to do, who lives in a huge pink house?


Living Room

Den

Dining Room

Kitchen

Second Floor Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Second Floor Bedroom

Office
Third Floor


Be sure to visit my website and see Dollhouse of the Month, The Brookwood by Lena of Miniatyrmama.

I haven't finished my Christmas themed dollhouse yet but I'm close! I will add pictures soon. I will be back later this week to welcome my new followers!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

"Who lives in a hge pink house?" you say? Why, your grandmother (in 1/12 scale), of course! Can you get a portrait doll made of her? And add accessories that reflect her hobbies and interests?

my mini life said...

I love your grandmothers house. What a creative lady she is. the bathroom has to be the cutest bathroom ever. I just love the flamingos. I would get her oppinion about changing to much of the colour scheme first, pink is not one of my fav colours either. maybe your grandma would like to help you pick out some of the stuff with you this way she feels apart of the whole process.
have fun. great house.

Cote said...

Felicidades es una casa monísima. En ella podría vivir cualquier persona dulce!!
Feliz 2012!!

Anonymous said...

The house is begging you to decorate shabby chic!

Rosella said...

Un regalo delizioso! Adoro questa dollshouse, è molto delicata nei colori, anche se predomina solo il rosa.
Felice Anno Nuovo e baci

Linda said...

Fabulous house!!! I love the pink but thats me ....i wouldnt change it but add too it and bring in some 'used' shabby chic...i also love "unknowns" idea of making it Grandmas house!! Have fun with it :D Linda xxx

~MiniMaker said...

Thank you all for the ideas.....I do like the idea that Grandma lives there and I think shabby chic would be fun! I'm off to find some inspiration!

Hopblogger said...

I think the house is adorable. I love Pink! I do agree - it should be a tribute to your grandmother and in shabby chic.
It will look so good when you are done that your grandmother might ask for it back.
Lol's

Have fun!

Maria said...

First i want to wish you and your family a Happy and helthy 2012.
I wish you all the best.
I agree with the rest of the girls , it would be nice to make it shabby chic and let a miniature version of your grandmother live in it.
Hugs
Maria

De said...

What a wonderful gift, Gaye! It's a RGT Simplicity with the side additions. I think shabby chic house for a grandmotherly type is perfect, too.

~MiniMaker said...

Thank you Maria! De, thanks for letting me know what house it is! I'm going with shabby chic for sure!