Friday, October 8, 2010

Update on O'Leary's Pub

I managed to squeeze in a little time over last weekend to work on the pub's kitchen and bath.

The wall paper in the kitchen is from Jennifer's Free Dollhouse Printables. I printed out the wallpaper on cardstock and then ran it back through and printed a distressed layer on top. The pattern and instructions can be found here; Creating the Effect of Age on Paper.  The stairs to the 3rd floor will be behind the wall with the sink. I have to rebuild them, I didn't plan on them being behind a wall originally and they don't sit flush against one wall.

After I finished putting up the wallpaper and trim, I realized I missed a couple of places that need to be trimmed out and the paint I used, I custom mixed. I hope I can match it, or at least fake it well enough that a mismatch won't be noticable. There is going to be a door between the kitchen and bath and I intentionally haven't cut the doorway yet. I trimmed that wall all the way to the edge, unintentionally. Ooops! Hopefully I won't mess up the wall when I fix the trim.
These cabinets will hang in the kitchen, the are the top parts of Michael's hutches. I aged them, made the plate rack and added some trim to the front bottom of the other cabinet. I got the idea for the plate rack from the tutorial, "Let's Make a Dollhouse Plate Shelf".
For the "rust stains" in the tub and sink, I used "Rust Ready-to-Use Wash" by The Detailer, from Hobby Builders Supply.
I made a pot of Irish stew for Séamus. I looked up pictures on the interenet of traditional Irish stews and then I "winged" it with polymer clay. My pot of stew contains, carrots, potatoes, spring onions, lamb and cabbage.











That's all for now, I'm hoping to spend more time on it this weekend.

8 comments:

Linda said...

love it!!! love it!!! love it!!! :D x

Debbie said...

Its looking great Gaye. Love the rusty mark in the Bath..x

De said...

Your aging is amazing, Gaye. I love how this project is turning out.

Lorraine Escapita said...

I like the rust stains in the tub and sink too! And the stew looks fabulous!

Irene said...

Great pictures. You did very well with the Irish Stew. It looks exactly like the real thing.

~MiniMaker said...

Thank you everyone! All the kids are gone today so I'm hoping to get a lot done in the bar.

Marys Miniatures said...

Thanks Gaye for all the great pictures. Everything is so detailed even down to the rust in the bath tub. Keep posting your pictures as I love seeing your work. have a great day.

Marys Miniatures said...

I had to reply to the suggestion of taking the miniature shelves from Michael's and dividing them into tops and bottoms. great tip. Thanks and have a great day.